Meditation monthly class: movement, relaxation and meditation in Bishopstoke, Eastleigh (near Southampton). Book here.
Move your body and quieten the mind to feel more positive, present and peaceful.
Meditation enables us to awaken to a different way of living.
You can move beyond the stresses and strains of modern life and slow down and connect to a peaceful, resilient inner stillness.
It’s a path of self-connection: learning to allow ourselves to feel our feelings and to accept all parts of ourselves.
As we practise meditation we become LESS reactive, less judgemental, less fretful and we become MORE accepting, resilient, present, peaceful, positive and joyful.
Meditation guides us to reconnect to an infinite well of peace and self-acceptance within our hearts.
It inspires us to connect to the sacred inner temple of our soul. A place of deep wisdom and stillness.
And it feels particularly soul-nourishing to meditate in a group. As we all drop into a peaceful, calm, grounded space together, you will feel the energy in the room shifting and feel held by your fellow meditators. It’s a very different experience to meditating on your own.
More about the class
Each 90 minute session offers a combination of mindful movement, relaxation, teachings on the mind/body/spirit and guided meditations.
It’s important to recognise that it’s near-on impossible to go from the busyness of daily life straight into a peaceful and settled meditation – so we move into stillness.
First we practise some releasing, awakening movements followed by a flowing heart-and-soul-filled Dru Yoga sequence. This helps to balance and ground the body.
Then comes a guided relaxation to calm and soothe the body and mind.
Now we’re ready to be still and to meditate! I’ll guide you through meditations related to the focus of each class.
It’s a relaxing, calm-bringing class to help you find a sense of inner peace – quietening the mind to feel present and reconnected to yourself.
Each class has a theme related to finding emotional balance and healing.
Previous attendees said they felt like this at the end of the class:
- “Totally calm. Rested. Excited to use the meditation you shared”
- “Peaceful, relaxed, calm. I enjoyed it very much”
- “More relaxed. More connected to my true self rather than my judging mind”
- “Sense of belonging to my life! Kinder thoughts towards myself”
- “Completely relaxed, thank you!”
- “I feel very calm and chilled”
Time, place & booking
Location: Bishopstoke Methodist Church, Sedgwick Road, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, SO50 6FH (View on map). Parking on site.
Price: £15 booked in advance. Includes recordings of the meditations practised.
Dates 2018 & booking:
- 26 June 7-8.30pm Book here (Theme: Reflection & healing )
- 31 July 7-8.30pm Book here (Theme: Gratitude)
And 25 September; 30 October; 27 November and 18 December 2018 (booking opening in summer).
Payment for this class is non-refundable unless you can find someone to take your spot if you can no longer make it. Neither is it transferable to another class.
- No prior experience is necessary.
- Chairs and meditation cushions provided.
- Please bring a yoga mat if you have one and a blanket (if you need to borrow a yoga mat let me know!).
- Wear comfortable clothing – something which doesn’t restrict easy breathing.
Thousands of scientific studies have shown that a regular meditation practice:
- Reduces stress
- Reduces worry and anxiety
- Promotes emotional health
- Improves concentration so you feel more focused
- Enhances self-awareness – helps you understand yourself better so you can be the best version of you (what I call the “radiant soul”)
- Improves sleep
- Reconnects you to life
- Increases acceptance e.g. of pain, discomfort, health issues … and yourself and other people
My meditation journey
I used to feel stressed and anxious all the time. I lacked confidence and joy seemed a distant prospect. I was at the mercy of emotional ups and downs.
While the physical practice of yoga helped me a lot, it’s learning to meditate that has enabled me to truly transform how I relate to myself, others and the world.
By learning to quieten the mind and still my body it’s truly shifted my perspective and has reawakened the radiant soul within me.
This is what meditation has done for me and what it can do for YOU:
- live in tune with your natural rhythms
- master your emotions
- develop harmony in yourself and your relationships
- enhance your personal and spiritual development
I’d love to walk by your side as we meditate together to enable you to awaken your radiant soul so you can embrace life with joy.
About your teacher
I’m Stella Tomlinson, a Dru Yoga & Meditation Teacher and Writer. I’ve been practising yoga since 2000 and teaching regularly since 2012. And in 2016 I completed the two-year Dru Meditation Teacher Training with the International School of Dru Yoga.
I use my first-hand experience of how yoga can relieve stress and anxiety to enable those of us who often feel anxious and overwhelmed how to release emotional tension and harness the power of the breath and the mind to connect to inner strength, stillness and joy and find peace amidst the demands of everyday life.
I am known for creating a calming, welcoming and supportive atmosphere in my classes, course and workshops, and I share the teachings of yoga in a grounded way for modern life.
Dru Yoga & Meditation is a gentle yet powerfully transformational form of yoga, which focuses on emotional energy release, and works on body, mind and soul leaving you feeling positive and empowered.